VALOREBOOKS CONSUMER SELLING TERMS
The ValoreBooks Consumer Selling Terms refer to the terms by which Agora Ecommerce LLC dba ValoreBooks (“Valore,” "ValoreBooks," or “us”) purchases books that you as a consumer are willing to sell to ValoreBooks via our online marketplace. Before selling your items with ValoreBooks, please make sure to read through our policies.
QUALITY POLICY AND OWNERSHIP
By participating in the selling program, you represent and warrant that you are the lawful owner of the products you are selling back, and that those products are free and clear of any lien or encumbrance. You also represent and warrant that the textbooks you are selling are authentic, authorized, and lawfully acquired.
Books that do not meet our quality standards will not be accepted for purchase. Read our acceptable item quality standards to determine if your items are acceptable. ValoreBooks will have the sole right, at its own discretion, to determine if such quality standards are met. Conditions that may cause a book to be rejected include, but are not limited to:
- Cover: Cover not intact. Cuts going through the cover into multiple pages.
- Page damage: Lines unreadable from highlighting. Page completely torn (part of page is missing) or major partial tear (high probability that normal wear and tear during next usage will result in part or all of page falling out).
- Water damage: Pages swollen, major wrinkling, excessive stains, major discoloration or moldy (foxing).
- Mismatch ISBN: Submitted ISBN does not match ISBN of what was received.
- Stickers or Tape: Used deliberately to hide markings specific to instructor, international, and sample editions, which are all deemed unacceptable.
- Binding: Pages are separating from binding or have been fixed with tape.
- Counterfeit or fraudulent.
- Rebound items.
- International, Sample (Not for resale) or Teacher's Edition textbooks.
Do not send in books that you do not own, or that you have rented from ValoreBooks or another rental provider. ValoreBooks is not responsible for rental late fee charges related to these books.
Do not send in items that ValoreBooks did not purchase. These items will be not be processed.
When preparing your items for shipment, please ensure that:
- Your items are packaged safely and securely in order to avoid damage in transit.
- Your package does not exceed 70 lbs.
- The packing slip provided by us is included INSIDE your package along with your items. If you have multiple boxes, please include a copy of the packing slip in each box.
- You use the prepaid shipping label provided by us. Shipments that do not use these labels will not be tracked and may not be identifiable when received.
- All shipments for sale should be sent in within 7 days of confirming your quote. Any items that arrive at our warehouse 20 days after your sale order date may be canceled or re-quoted. ValoreBooks is not responsible for items that are lost or damaged in the mail. If you would like to insure your package, you may do so at your own expense.
By sending in your items to ValoreBooks, you agree to release us from any claim as to the items, the data stored in the items, or any information on any media used in conjunction with the items. ValoreBooks is not responsible for: any loss suffered by you due to any data that is not erased from the items and transferred to a third party; or any loss of data after the item is submitted to us. After sending in your items for sale to ValoreBooks, any requests for item returns may not be honored.
ValoreBooks will process up to 5 copies of the same textbook per month. If you send more than 5 copies of a textbook with the same ISBN, we will only process the first 5 textbooks. If you have more than 5 copies of one textbook to Sellback, please check out our bulk liquidation tool or contact us directly.
Once we receive your items we will evaluate them to ensure each meets our quality standards. This process may take up to 5 business days. Your items may be re-quoted or rejected for any of the following reasons:
- The item does not meet our acceptable item quality standards.
- The ISBN quoted does not match what was sent.
- The item is determined to be counterfeit, fraudulent, or stolen.
- Items listed on your packing slip were not included in the package received at our warehouse.
- Items not listed on your packing slip were included in the package received at our warehouse.
- Items were received in our warehouse after the 20-day quote period and therefore are subject to a new market price.
Please note that each item in a selling order may be processed, evaluated, and reported on separately. If you have multiple items in your selling order, you may receive payment for each one separately.
REJECTED ITEM POLICY
If one or more of your selling items fails to meet our acceptable item quality standards, we will notify you via email and update your order details page. You will be given 14 days from the time of this notification to request that your items be returned to you. To submit this request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not hear from you within 14 days, your items will be recycled.
Rejected items typically take 14-21 business days (weekends/Holidays excluded) to be returned once requested.
Note: Items rejected as suspected counterfeit will be forwarded to the relevant publisher for inspection per our suspected counterfeit policies. Items confirmed to be counterfeit will not be returned or have payment issued. Items cleared as non-counterfeit will be returned or paid at our discretion. For more information, please see here.
Once your items have been processed and evaluated, payment will be issued within 14 business days. ValoreBooks currently supports two payment options:
- Check: Once a check has been issued, you can expect to receive your payment within 7-14 business days. Checks will be sent through USPS first class mail to the address you listed on your order.
- PayPal: Once issued, Paypal payments should post to your account within 2-14 business days. Payments will be deposited into the PayPal account that was provided during checkout.
If you do not receive your payment within the timeframes specified above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Valorebooks will not issue payment for any selling items that violate one or more of these policies.