Types of Textbooks
Which edition is my book?
The valid ISBN will be printed directly on the back-right corner of the book. When entering your textbook ISBN, remove any stickers that are over the ISBN barcode, as the sticker may have an incorrect ISBN.
- US edition textbooks: These are the most typical textbooks you find. They may be hardcover or softcover.
- International edition books: Mostly softcover, these books may have "ISE" printed on the spine, or the front cover may contain "International Edition" markings. This information may also appear on the title page of the book. Please note, we do not accept these items for sellback.
- Teacher / Annotated Instructor's editions: These are often marked as "Annotated Instructor's Edition" or "AIE" and usually contain answers and/or instructor's notes. May also be marked "Instructor's Copy." Please note, we do not accept these items for sellback.
- Textbooks marked as "Rental Edition" we do not accept these items for sellback
- Eastern Economy / Low Price / Indian Edition Textbooks: These books are a subset of international edition textbooks that are commonly softcover, printed on cheap paper, and contain only black and white photos and illustrations. Please note that we do not buy back Eastern Economy / Low Price / Indian Edition textbooks.
|International edition.||Instructor edition.|
Be sure to double-check that you have entered the correct ISBN and selected the correct edition to receive an accurate quote.
Please be aware that sometimes textbook resellers will cover markings underneath tape or stickers. For example:
|Black tape covering the top back cover.||When removed, "INSTRUCTOR COPY - NOT FOR RESALE" is visible.|