Purchasing books through ValoreBooks
Ordering books on ValoreBooks is easy:
- Search for your book by keyword, author, title or ISBN.
- Choose the condition and price of the book you want. Finding the right book at the right price has never been easier. Decide whether to buy the book new or used, how much you want to pay, and which seller you want to buy from. Once you've decided, simply add the book to your cart. Continue shopping to add additional items to your cart and then proceed to checkout.
- Read the comments carefully. Here you'll be able to learn more about the condition of the book, and see what, if any, supplemental materials are included.
- Select a payment method. During checkout you’ll be asked to choose a payment method. We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover. Be sure to enter your billing information exactly as it appears on your credit card statement to avoid delays in processing your order. Please note that we do not accept gift cards.
- Select a shipping method. Each item in your cart may come from a different seller, so you may need to select a shipping method for each item. Priority mail is $3.00 more than standard mail and will allow you to receive your book(s) much faster. If you absolutely need your book by a given date, please choose priority mail.
- Checkout. Review your order and verify that everything is good to go. If all items are correct, click the "Place your order" button.
- Order confirmation. Shortly after your order has been placed, you’ll receive an order confirmation email from ValoreBooks, If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folder. We’ll also notify your seller(s) that an order has been placed. Sellers have 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) to confirm orders. Once your books have been confirmed and shipped, we’ll send you another email. If you have any questions about your order, please feel free to contact us.
What is an ISBN?
An ISBN is a 10 or 13-digit number that is unique to a particular title, author, edition, and publisher. Example: [ISBN 0-123456-78-9]. It can be found on the back cover or first page of every book. If the ISBN of the book you’re ordering matches the ISBN of the book you need, you can rest assured that you have ordered the correct book.
What are Valore's grading guidelines? What does "Acceptable", "Good", etc., mean?
Books are described as either "New" or "Used". Within the Used category, books are further classified as below:
- Like New: An item that is almost brand new.
- Very Good: A standard reading copy, that is in better than average condition.
- Good: A standard reading copy. Shows wear from previous use.
- Acceptable: An item with some flaws, but still readable.
- Unacceptable: An item in poor quality with several flaws. ValoreBooks does not allow these items in our marketplace.
To see the full details for each used sub type, see our seller grading guidelines here.
How do I know that my order went through?
After you place your order you will be brought to a confirmation page thanking you for your purchase. You will then receive an order confirmation e-mail detailing the status of the books you have ordered.