All items should meet the following grading guidelines:
- Covers: Can have curl and small creases. Moderate scuff marks or small cut OK.
- Corners: Can have some damage, light (1-2 inches) peeling OK, some (25%) bend OK.
- Pages: Minor highlighting (~20%). Dog ear folds on page corners OK.
- Water/Stains: No visible water/spill damage. Minimal stains OK.
- Supplements: Can be missing/opened, unless the ISBN is a stand alone access card.
- Personalization: Name written inside or library labels OK.
- Binding: Moderate wear is OK, no loose pages.
- Loose Leaf: Must be shrink wrapped in plastic.
- Cover: Cover not intact. Cuts going through the cover into multiple pages.
- Page damage: lines unreadable from highlighting. Page completely torn (part of page is missing) or major partial tear (high probability that normal wear and tear during next usage will result in part or all of page falling out).
- Water damage: pages swollen, major wrinkling, excessive stains, major discoloration or moldy (foxing).
- Mismatch ISBN: submitted ISBN does not match ISBN of what was received.
- Unacceptable: Stickers or tape used deliberately to hide markings specific to instructor, international, and sample editions, which are all deemed unacceptable.
- Binding: pages are separating from binding or have been fixed with tape
- Item shipped too long after scan date.