When you create your sellback order, you are given a quote based on the information you provided during the quote process. When your sellback items arrive at our warehouse, they then go through an evaluation process. Your quote may be revised if the evaluation determines that:
- The ISBN of the items received does not match the ISBN of the items quoted. Please note that book titles often have multiple ISBN numbers associated with them, so it is critical that you input the exact ISBN of the book you wish to sell back in order to get an accurate quote. If there are stickers covering the ISBN of your book, please remove them.
- The condition of your item does not match the condition you stated when you created the order – this condition will be restated on your packing slip.
- The item you sent does not meet our sellback standards.
- Books listed on your packing slip are not included in the package received at our warehouse.
- The order arrived at our warehouse after the 30-day quote period. When you create your sellback order you are given a price quote that is valid for 30 days. Items that are received after this 30-day period will be re-quoted at the current market price.
- The item required a CD, but was sent without one. In these cases, the sellback price is usually reduced by 50%.
Please note that each item in a sellback order may be processed, evaluated, and reported on separately. If you have multiple items in your sellback order, you may receive payment for each one separately. You may double check the status of your items via your account here.